For God to transform Tokyo through an ever-increasing presence and influence of people who treasure Jesus above all else.
Team mission: To multiply small churches by developing, empowering and releasing disciplemakers.
Purpose of the ministry position relative to team: In alignment with the team vision and mission, a church planter uses his or her gifts and skills in ministry to make disciples within and beyond the existing Small Church network. This may involve focused outreaches to specific demographics, like university students or young families, but to the end goal of multiplying Small Churches. In addition, the church planter walks alongside local believers to develop, empower and release them as disciplemakers, local church leaders and church planters.
- Maintaining an active and committed walk as a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Self-motivation to seek spiritual nourishment from the Lord while maintaining a servant posture to the local church
- Dedication to Japanese language-learning with the aim of indigenous multiplication
- Commitment to Small Church as a key strategy and sole focus church planting
- Demonstrating initiative and leadership ability to pursue team goals.
- Commitment to working collaboratively as member of the Tokyo City Team
- Commitment to health as a team member according to the Tokyo City Team Covenant
What are the primary responsibilities of this position?
- Japanese language learning
- Relational evangelism as part of your daily life and language studies
- Supporting the leader of your local church and serving the Small Church movement
- Providing supplementary support for lay leaders to be able to start Small Churches
- Mobilizing prayer by promoting awareness of Tokyo’s spiritual need, encouraging believers to join in strategic prayer and potentially facilitating a sustained prayer movement
What are NOT the responsibilities of this position?
- Leading or pastoring a local church