Stillmeadow Community Fellowship
Dates and Registration
Peace Park is the property of Stillmeadow Community Fellowship (EFCA) and is being developed and used for community outreach. The park is 10 acres of forest land located in the middle of urban Baltimore. Stillmeadow Community makes the park accessible to the community and uses it as a ministry resource to meet spiritual, educational, social, mental and physical needs. You will help them steward the property. They also use this park as a training ground for workforce development in the field of forestry outreach. This is helping those living in an urban setting explore, consider and develop “on the job” training for a field not often considered in an urban context. You will also serve with weekly food distribution including inventory, upkeep and more. You might also serve offsite with other ministries/organizations.
How You'll Serve
- Park Maintenance/Landscaping – You will help reclaim an over-forested area and transform it to a beautiful and usable resource for ministry
- Turn Around Tuesday Canvassing – Join teams in outreach to the neighborhood
- Food Bank Thursday – Help serve individuals and families in need.
- Harvesting – Support a local farm as they contribute to regional food banks
- Early-bird rate: $450 per participant
- After December 31, 2023: $500 per participant
If you are registering for a U.S. trip, please know that if you have not reserved every spot during your initial registration, there is a potential your group will share this site with another youth group. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This trip requires pre-trip training with the materials provided by Apex Missions.
- This trip requires you to bring your own air mattresses and bedding.
- Work clothes – long sleeves and light fabric long socks/work gloves
- You may be asked to bring supplies for work projects.