Madrid is a vibrant city of over 6 million people, less than 1% of whom know Jesus personally. The laborers are few, and we are praying for young Christ-followers who would invest in discipling relationships with young people to advance Christ's Kingdom.
Youth in Madrid are predominately unchurched and are rapidly becoming disconnected from family. Divorce rates are skyrocketing, and young people are suffering for lack of role models of healthy, positive relationships. People in their 20s and 30s are facing an unemployment rate of more than 50%. Both youth and young adults need to experience the hope that is found in Christ. The Madrid city team is seeking individuals or couples that can engage these populations with an open mind and a creative ministry that will open the door for disciplemaking.
- Raise your own support.
- Willing to learn Spanish (previous experience with Spanish is helpful)
- Experience in youth/young adult ministries is preferable
- Character qualities of faithfulness, availability and teachability are a must
- Relational personality who looks to further develop interpersonal skills
- Night owls would fit right in
- Willingness to teach/tutor English